I believe the Body of Christ is in desperate need of reformation. The purpose of this blog is to encourage dialog that will lead to positive changes in local churches that will facilitate the soon coming of our Messiah.


Disclaimer:

This site does not have control over products that are advertised here. Every effort is made to insure that products advertised here are not contrary to the teachings of Scripture. However, it is possible that some material may be contrary to what is taught here. We apologize for any confusion.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Our family is currently facing a situation that is of grave concern to us and it involves our newest member. Asher William Pogue was born January 13, about 6 weeks early. His progress seems to be steady, but certainly far too slow for his parents and family. As we pray for his growth, our Father continues to show me parallels between this precious little one and His bride, the body of Messiah. Because Asher was losing a little weight, the Doctors determined a supplemental feeding tube through his nose was in order. He was not getting the nourishment he needed because he was not quite developed enough to do the job,

Here is the parallel...As the body of Messiah begins to wake up, she finds herself losing spiritual weight because she is not used to feeding herself. She has become so accustomed to the spoon feeding from the pulpits of the local churches that she feels like she is starving, How many times have you heard the statement, "I used to go to church there but I quit because I wasn't being fed."? Scripture teaches that we are to grow up, get beyond the milk of the Word, and be able to digest the meat. I remind you, it is hunger that will drive you to growth.

There seems to be a fear that articulates itself like this: Who will tell me if the spiritual food I am getting is good food? We have produced a system that does not allow individuals to 'feed themselves'. I must have a pastor/priest/rabbi to tell me if I am doing the right thing or interpreting the Scriptures correctly. Please don't misunderstand here...a balance is in order. My point is that the current system fosters fear that prohibits individual growth rather than encouraging it. Leaders pacify themselves with the justification: "I foster growth, as long as it fits within the scope of the local model." "Come and sit under my ministry, I will give you a track to grow on," is another mantra that is bandied about. Where are the leaders of the Kingdom that encourage uninhibited growth? Where are the teachers that are overjoyed when their students outpace them in Kingdom achievement? Men and women of faith take heart, your day is at hand!

Shalom

No comments: